Thursday, February 15, 2007

oops...

I forgot to write on my blog last weekend! That should be taken as a sign of how busy things are starting to get...and that I'm getting old and forgetful...

Our compositions were due on Tuesday, so we can probably expect comments from Sato-sensei today. I thought mine was too short (especially after seeing how long my group members' compositions were), but I just didn't know how to say many of the things I wanted to. I doubt that it's competition-winning material, but the effort involved in writing a composition (of ANY length) entirely in hiragana was much more important to the learning process. Sato-sensei was also reluctant to answer all of my many questions about what I could and couldn't say, and that encouraged me to think for myself. Hopefully I won't find out today that thinking isn't one of my strong points...

I wonder if maybe I should have been more creative and just made up things about myself for my composition. It would certainly make it more exciting to "perform" in front of people if it had all kinds of crazy and outlandish facts in it...

1 comment:

satoza said...

The composition is not due on Tuesday. Your comments to your group members' draft is due on Tuesday. After receiving comments from your group members, if you have any questions, please come see me any time. I just want you think the balance between your creativity and appropriateness in the particular situation. :)